A few days ago, I was astonished and delighted to find a lovely little note in my comments from Jen over at the sweet little corner of the Interweb called Winter Owls. Her blog is so pretty and so heartfelt; I admire it and so I was extra flattered when she let me know that she had nominated me for a “Versatile Blogger” Award! How flabbergasting and exciting! Thank you, Jen!
The award comes with a fun to-do list, so here goes!
The rules of this award are as follows:
1. Display the award certificate on your website. (check!)
2. Announce your win with a post and include a link to whoever presented your award. (check!)
3. Present 15 awards to deserving bloggers. Create a post linking to them and drop them a comment to tip them off. (check!)
4. Post 7 interesting facts about yourself. (um…check? Not sure how “interesting” these are…)
- I love millinery and would love to be able to make hats full time.
- I am a late-adopter who has become a tech addict– all thanks to my best friend, social media queen.
- My favourite music is made by David Bowie, Ella Fitzgerald, Dean Martin and The Clash.
- I am outwardly dramatic and flamboyant, but I am actually an introvert who savours silence and solitude. I love to be alone and always have; ever since I was a little girl, I have been able to spend hours and hours on my own, making things and just thinking. (Ideally, “alone” simply means without other humans– there is always room for pets, especially my beloved cats.)
- I lived and worked in Ecuador for a year; I fell in love with the country and the people.
- Two years ago, a perfect storm of slippery floors, being in a rush and wearing the most impractical shoes EVER, combined to see me break my foot at work. Yes, I basically fell off MY OWN SHOES and broke my foot. This event sums me up perfectly. Klutz much?
- If I had a time machine, I’d go back to the early 50s. I know I have a romanticized idea of life in that era, but I figure the clothes and the undergarments (yes! I even like the undergarments!) would make it all worthwhile.
And here are my Versatile Blogger nominees, in no particular order: